Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Review: Clarins Rouge Eclat Lipstick

I've been hearing a lot of great things about the new Clarins Rouge Eclat Lipsticks.

These satin finish, age defying lipsticks are replacing their old Rouge Prodige line. And in my opinion, it's for the better. They have beautiful gold packaging that makes me want to display it on my vanity.

I am trying out the colour #11 Passion Red. ($27 CAD)


The colour payoff of these lipsticks are wonderful. They are highly pigmented and super smooth going on the lips. They are a satin finish, they almost look glossy but are not wet like a gloss.

After a few hours, you will have a stain but will need to re-apply if you want the strong colour it gives.


Above I have swatched it three times. The first is one swipe, the second two swipes and the third is three swipes of the lipstick. As I said earlier, the colour payoff is wonderful.

These lipsticks are great because after wearing them you do not get flakey lips.
That being said, they will transfer to glasses, cups or your boyfriend's face. (note below)


So here it is on the lips!

Before Rouge Eclat


First coat


Second coat


If you're looking for a lipstick to be able to wear even when your lips are chapped, then I would highly recommend Rouge Eclat for you! It has a beautiful shade selection with 15 colours to choose from!

Here's me being dramatic:



Let me know which ones you want to try!

As always, thanks for reading. Please subscribe to my blog to see other reviews, tutorials, and anything else!

-ellewar



No comments:

Post a Comment