Sunday, January 20, 2013

How to: Full Coverage Foundation

Sometimes our skin acts up and we can get things like acne scarring or discolouration that we just don't want to look at.

So what to we do about it? We cover it up. With foundation.

Often times it's really obvious when people wear a more full coverage foundation, but usually that's because the colour is too dark.

It's important when you're choosing a foundation, especially if it's heavier, that the colour is as close as possible to your skin tone. If it has to be darker or lighter ALWAYS go with lighter, you can put colour back in your skin with bronzer and blush, but no matter how much you blend a dark foundation down your neck - it still looks too dark.

So, how can you do this? Let's start:

No makeup on this face, you want your face to be moisturized and ready to go.


Start off with some primer to help keep your makeup in place, I'm using Smashbox Photo Finish dark spot correcting primer ($48 CAD)


You'll need about a pea size amount. If you're unfamiliar with primers, check out my post on them here


After you apply that all over your face, it's on to foundation. I used Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation ($43.50 CAD) in the shade 1W2 Linen 18.



Start with a small amount to be sure not to waste any. Apply from the middle of your face towards your ears and down towards your neck.


To be honest I usually just dab a foundation brush in the foundation on my hand and start in the middle of my face and bring the foundation outwards.


After you apply your foundation all over, it's time to conceal any uneven skin tone that's still showing through. I'm using my trusty Boi-ing by Benefit ($26 CAD) in the shade 02. I applied it under my eyes, to the red areas around my nose and on a few spots still showing through.



You're going to want to set everything in place with a powder to help keep away any oils that may build up. I'm using Rimmel Stay Matte powder ($7.99 CAD) in 001 Transparent.



That's it! Finish applying the rest of your make up and you're finished! 


I hope this answers any questions you have about full coverage foundation, and I hope you try it out!


Thanks so much for reading! Let me know if there's anything you'd like to see me blog about!

-ellewar



2 comments:

  1. You have beautiful skin! You should do a post on your daily skincare regimen :)

    ReplyDelete